Jinja Golf Course was established in 1912 by the colonialists working in Eastern Uganda that time. It has a number of facilities like a swimming pool, tennis court, Squash house, Snooker room and a fully functional restaurant. Over the years, Jinja club has emerged as one of the top five golf clubs in Uganda when it comes to popular golf courses and the number of successful tournaments held annually.
Jinja golf Course is famous for its strategic location on the Source of the Nile River hence a tourist destination for most tourist golfers coming into Uganda. It has 9 holes totaling to par 72 with length of 5926m yards
Jinja Golf Course is sorrounded by a lot of Tourism cites and activities which include:-
- Visit the Source of the Nile, visit the Source of the Nile and take a boat ride into Lake Victoria from the Source of the Nile Park , the park is well kept and has many flowering trees, plants and shrubs attracting a variety of birds and butterflies.
- Sunset Cruise at Jinja, take a Sunset Cruise with dinner and drink at Jinja – simply a most enjoyable experience while at Jinja on the White River Nile.
- Jet Boat up the Rapids of the Nile at Jinja, jet boat up the River Nile Rapids at incredible speeds and enjoy the wild of the River Nile without being immersed in it except a bit of spray. Simply a most awesome experience.
- White Water Rafting in Jinja, enjoy white water rafting at its best in Jinja on the white nile.From mild to wild rafting,its an experiance you will never forget.you can also decide to take it easy with a family boat for you and your family and friends.
- Bungee Jumping, not for the faint of heart, however many simply enjoy the experience of diving into the Nile River below. It is an unforgettable experience for most
- Mabira Forest, is the only rainforest in Central Uganda and one can stop here on the way to or from Jinja and take a guided nature walk through the forest.
- Ssezibwa Falls, is combination of scenic wonder, culture, tradition and legend and can be incorporated into your time to or from Jinja.